Friday, October 16, 2009

don't quit today

I talk to people who are talking about divorce. "Don't throw in the towel today. Don't quit this week. You can always do it next week."

Don't quit the ministry today. You can do it tomorrow. Don't quit this week. You can do it next week if you really must.

Don't give up on life today, if you have to, you can do it tomorrow.

Now, the point is not that I want them to quit tomorrow or next week. I don't want them to quit at all. But if you can get someone to agree to walk thru the fire today, then they have made it one more day.

And it is a beautiful day. The chance to live is a gift that not every one received. Don't quit. Not today, not this week. Stay in the game. God is present.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

This message made me laugh today. Why? Because the devotional I read this morning was on procrastinating--"don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today". Serve God today. Help someone today. Take that leap of faith today.

I get your message though--it just came at an odd time. ; )