Monday, October 5, 2009

compliment

On Saturday night I received a compliment which I hold very dear. Actually it is a compliment for all of you, not just me. Here is the story. A person that has been going to our church for a year or so and I are having a talk. I did not recognize them, so I was pleasantly surprised when they indicated that they attended WCC.

Here it is. The person says, "I don't like church. I have never liked church. But I love our church."

Savor that for a minute. Do you hear what they are saying? You have created a church where people that are tired of churchiness can find Jesus.

That is pretty cool. Pretty awesome. Keep being who you are: normal, authentic, and relevant. It is working.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Attitude reflects leadership! :)