Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our Town

Yes, the video that ran with the song, "In the City" was awesome. WM put that together. I hope there will be more.

Yes, the boss say about "My Home Town."

Yesterday I finished the book, "Our Town." Actually it is a play by Thornton Wilder. It is a quick read, it took about an hour. As I have been getting older, I have had a growing desire to read "the classics." A friend recommended Our Town to me, and I finally got around to reading it.

I am not going to blow the plot for you, but I will make one point that the author makes: We cannot just go through the motions. Life is short. I see you. I see you. You matter to me. Tell someone today. Look them in the eye and tell them that they matter to you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

JanR said...

I love that book! Thanks for the reminder - now I have to go to the library....

Jeremy V. said...

You Can't Go Home Again by Thomas Wofle. Great book.