Sunday, January 24, 2010

practical jokes

Well, somebody is always trying to get me. To sneak up on me, to mess with my brain. I don't know why and I don't think it is very nice.

Here I am this morning, kindly making my way to church to get ready for today's services. I park the car, walk to the office and turn on the computer. Sitting on my desk, right in plain sight is my name tag.

Why is my name tag there? I never leave it out. It has a place where it lives. "A place for everything and everything in it's place," thats what I say. The name tag is out because someone has loaded it up with silly stickers. A big heart, a big pair of juicy lips and bird stickers.

Well, the heart is illegal since it is the sign of those certified on the defibrillator, which I am not. The juicy lips are right out. Not going to happen. I start to peel off the bird, then I realize, that sticker is a talking point. Can you hear the birds sing? Ok, I will leave that one on the front. The lips and the heart will be on the backside in case anyone wants to see them.

I don't ever pull pranks on others, I don't know why people do this stuff to me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because it's a BEAUTIFUL DAY In GOD'S WORLD!
Greg Oehring

Anonymous said...

I know there have been things written about "preaching to the preacher", but I feel compelled to do so this morning. You might want to take another look at that last sentence of your blog, Pastor Jeff. You wrote, and I quote, "I don't ever pull pranks on others, I don't know why people do this stuff to me". That's not true. And you know it's not true, therefore, it is a lie. Repent. Confess your sin--sorrowfuly. I will pray that you receive forgiveness from the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Yeah.... I can't FATHOM why anyone would ever pull a prank on you! I mean, you're so sweet and everything... You'd NEVER put big, nasty, black rubber spiders on anyone's desk. (or use them to distract someone during a meeting) (or throw them out your door when someone walks by) (or raise one from the dead after it's been properly sealed in a casket!)

Poor Jeff....

:-P

Grace & Bryan Willnerd said...

I think it's because people like you. Bryan and I finally checked out an 8 am sermon up here in God's country. We decided that before we join another chuch I get to "vet" the minister with questions like I did to you. It was Bryan's idea. I'll let you know how they respond. The sermon today was "the most powerful word in the Bible" can you guess what it was??? I owe you a book as well. Be watching for one! Much peace this week.

Anonymous said...

Maybe this could start a new trend...personalizing your name tag. What do you think? :) Betty

Anonymous said...

People pull pranks on people they truly love, Jeff. Consider them to be much deserved complements.

Betty's brother