Monday, January 11, 2010

worries

Sometimes I wonder about the number of worries that we human beings carry. Life can be very complicated, or it can sure seem complicated.

What will happen with the economy?
How can we help people in need?
How are my children doing, really?
What will happen with health care?
Am I really living sacrificially?
What if the wheels come off?

I am sure that I could add to this list, as could you. There are a number of things that wear heavily on our minds. When I find my brain filled with such thoughts, I just try to remember the simple things.

God loves me.
God loves you.
I survived being a teenager.
So will they.
I will help everyone that I can.

Sort of a "life is short, don't sweat the small stuff." God is good, and we can trust in him regardless of our circumstances. There is plenty of good to see in the simple truths that are always true.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When worries come I think (most of the time) of Proverbs 3:5-6.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart (even when there is little heart left), lean not on your own understanding (I know nothing compared to God), in all your ways (circumstances) acknowledge (know that He is God) Him, and He will (in His own way and time) give you guidance.

It helps to know that I don't have to solve all my problems!