Thursday, January 7, 2010

uh huh. snow pt. 4

I have shovelled the driveway more this winter than in all previous winters at this house combined. My kids do not remember in their lifetime ever seeing this much snow, and this cold of temperatures for so long.

I am going to rename our town Minneapolis or Duluth or Greenbay. Heck, where is our ski resort? With this much snow we should live in Denver.

Let's do a remake of the movie Fargo. We won't even have to go to North Dakota.

I lived in Tulsa for 3 years. It snowed once. It snowed 3 inches overnight and was 70 degrees the next day. Obviously that snow did not last very long. I lived in California for 7 years. It snowed once while I lived there. You could see the snow up in the foothills. Everyone got in their cars and drove up highway 17 toward Santa Cruz. When we got to the summit where the snow was, everyone got out and had a snowball fight. There were tons of people up there enjoying the novelty of snow.

I was accosted at work yesterday. Employees of your church threw snowballs at me and tried to bury my truck. Not nice.

At least we should be able to go skiing. It has been too long since I have been skiing.

Well, certainly all of this snow will help us to appreciate spring. I think that we should have a big party this year when spring arrives. What do you say to that?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

A TGIS party! At the new pavillion over looking "daffodil hill". I'm in!

Anonymous said...

"Accosted"? Hmmm....there are two sides to every story....
Did you happen to throw any snowballs back, young man?

Anonymous said...

Pastor, Tell me what I need to bring! I'm in!!!
Greg Oehring

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the fact that you allowed one of your staff to be attacked by a viscous assailant throwing snow, then wouldn't let that poor staff person back in the church, then you carjacked her van, hid it, then almost allowed it to be towed!!!

(Yes, there ARE two sides of every story!!!)