Tuesday, January 5, 2010

snow, again

I loved Sharon's comment from yesterday.....infact sometimes the best things about this blog are the comments.

Sharon said,
So, in the final analysis, you'd have to admit that snow is a good thing because it causes you to want to pray and visit with God. And since snow is cold, which you don't like, you'll have to practice your patience. Turn up the thermostat, wear your warm clothes, enjoy the beauty of the snow and your time with God and wit [patiently] for spring like the rest of us. I'm not sure praying for spring is a good thing. Isn't that like wishing your life away? Wanting to get to the "good part" and not having to deal with the "bad stuff"? Don't get me wrong, I like spring too and I get a little anxious waiting for it, but life is way too short to be wishing for the days between now and then to be gone.

Yesterday around 4:00pm, I was clearing my driveway [again] and when I turned off the snowblower, it seemed so peaceful and serene outside. And then, like it was meant to happen, the bells at church started ringing. God was there--he likes snow.

Thank you Sharon. So well said.
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

You're welcome. Every once in a while the silly stuff in my head clears away just long enough so that some of the good stuff can surface.

Besides, you got the day off--you didn't have to come up with a blog.
Oops, the silly stuff again. ; )

Anonymous said...

Jeff, you need to think about just skipping tomorrow. You're not going to like it. On the other hand, if you decide to crawl out of bed and take a look outside anyway, you just may be "all prayed up" by Thursday morning.