Monday, January 18, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday Josh preached. He did an awesome job! Greg told me that he had a great crowd in his "Unchristian" class. Yesterday I got invited to play softball. Hmm.

Yesterday, I witnessed a bit of a parking nightmare. After visiting another church, I arrived at our church between the 1010 and 1115 services. I came in the front entrance and went into the south parking lot. What I saw there was kind of painful. There were about five cars just hanging out, waiting for a parking spot to open. A few were driving around in a circle waiting for someone to leave. It was like the only place to park was there on the south side in front of the main entrance.

People. Hear my plea. Come in the back entrance by the youth and mission building. If you don't know where it is, find it. Come in the back entrance. Leave that south lot for visitors and the elderly. If you come in the back entrance, you can find a place to park with no problem. That means that you won't be driving around blocking others who do want to park.

Please consider those who need to park close, and the general flow of traffic when you come to park. Jesus told his followers not to take the best seat at the table. I am asking that you come into the lot, drive past some open spaces and take a spot that is open further away so that we don't tie up traffic driving around waiting for the perfect spot.

Thanks for listening. I love you all and you are wonderful.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes he did do an awesome job!

Tonia

Anonymous said...

We arrived at 10 for service and found great parking in the new parking lot! We also bypassed the crowd by coming in the east door...easy as pie!

Anonymous said...

Solve a debate a friend and I were discussing your blog about parking. They assured me your talking about the south entrance. I said your talking about all the close parking spots no matter what side of the building.