Tuesday, January 26, 2010

sick

How many days a year do you call in sick? I have not done it in 16 years. Until today. I am never sick. Blame the flu shot, blame good genes, I am never sick.

I always get sick on vacations. It is like my body lets down when it knows I can give it a break.

I have never been sick on Sunday. Can you imagine that? You have to talk all morning, but you are sick?

Anyway, being sick makes a person enjoy being well.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Really sorry to hear that you're sick. I've been doing all that I possibly can to avoid it. And it's not that easy to do when you're the "go to" guy when grandkids are sick and can't go to daycare.

Rest and allow yourself enough time to get well. And I'm sure you know this, but don't hesitate to let your friends know if there's something we can do for you.

And yes, being sick definitely helps you appreciate wellness.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon.

I'd like to say it's been years since I called in sick. I have migraines so I'm afraid I call in sick on occasion. That's about the only kind of sick I get, thankfully, I guess.

Tonia

Anonymous said...

Didnt I just see you at the golf course?????

DH

KCSherri said...

Gosh - no WONDER I saw the staff having a huge party today - I was wondering what was going on! This explains everything.... :)

Hope you're feeling better soon - it's never any fun to be sick. Sometimes its just a reminder to slow down and listen to the birds sing.