Wednesday, February 17, 2010

jackets

Sunday I visited our sister church in the NorthEast park of KC off of Independence Ave. I saw many adults and youth, even children without jackets. It was a very, very cold day.

Tonight, I have picked thru the closet and have set aside 5 jackets for Camino Verdad Y-vida. This is a long winter and there are many that do not have the simple things which we take for granted.

I went to my closet and I said, I will only keep one jacket of each weight. So if there were several jackets that were similar, I kept only one and the rest go to CVV.

Please help me provide warmth to our friends. It is a simple thing that everyone can probably help with. Bring any jackets to the missions table anytime this week.

Don't forget ash Wednesday Soup Supper and come and go communion with imposition of ashes. Tonight from 6-7:30.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: