Sunday, February 7, 2010

your life

Your life is not really your life. It is yours only so long as God allows you to keep it. It was designed and given to you for a purpose. Many people live and die and never know why they have the gift of life.

God gives us life so that we can celebrate Him and all of creation. Worship, that is, but celebrate is a less churchy word.

When I celebrate God, his world and his people, I don't spend time whining and complaining. I stop picking at other people. When I celebrate God, his world and his people, my problems seem much smaller.

Oh how our lives would change if we spent more time celebrating God and his goodness and giving ourselves to one another. That is why we are here. The more we do that, the better life is, for we are doing that for which we were created.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Great message. Over the past two years, I really began celebrating God and His world (I know, I'm a "late bloomer"), and I have so much more peace, joy and love in my life now. And it's spreading to my children. Whodda thunk it? ; )

I wish everyone knew how celebrating and praising God changes your life. This may sound silly, but that old Coca Cola song comes to mind right now, "I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony". Not actually sing of course (although that would be nice), but if everyone in the world "got it". That would be like Heaven right here on earth--love overflowing. Wouldn't that be a "beautiful day in God's world"?.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Great advice. Celebrating God is like one of those all-purpose "elixirs" door to door sales people used to sell years ago. It's good for just about any spiritual, emotional, or mental ailment.