Wednesday, February 3, 2010

soap

You tell a simple story and everyone needs to abuse you. Ok, so I bought a comb and a box of bandaids 10 years ago too. I guess that it is ok that those items have lasted ten years, but for some reason, the fact that I made a bar of soap last ten years, well, that is a scandal..........

Maybe I didn't have to use that bathroom that much during the first ten years.....

Ok, here is a story about that bathroom. True story. We were in the stage of drawing the plans for your new church. It was 1997. The architect has drawn a little bathroom off of the pastor's office. I suggest that we move the door on the bathroom so that it is accessible to everyone in the office. I say, "the pastor does not need his own bathroom." A wise member of the building committee said in response, "you will not always be the pastor."

Busted. True. Kind of funny.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sat here this morning waiting patiently for your blog and this is what I got? A reminder that you won't always be our pastor?

Thanks for bringing me down!

A story about some 10 year old underwear or maybe even a recent picture of your ugly dog...but don't remind us of things that you must know we don't like to think about.

I guess I'll start reading your blog at night--at least that way it won't ruin my entire day!

But, you go ahead and have a nice day--the rest of us will just try to deal with it.

Anonymous said...

Yuck- the same comb for 10 years?!? I bet the bandaids don't have any sticky left to them. And I've been thinking... Did they make anti-bacterial hand soap 10 years ago? If not- eewwww! Can you image the build up of germs!!

If you need, there is a lovely basket of all sorts of 'supplies' from mouth wash to hairspray in the womens restroom. And none of it is expired.

:)

Anonymous said...

Just FYI... Toothbrushes should be replaced every 3 months.

Anonymous said...

Toiletpaper...