Monday, February 8, 2010

thoughts

thoughts. Do you ever have times when the bad thoughts seem to be getting more attention? I am disappointed with something that happened. I feel discouraged for some reason. Snow is coming back. On and on it goes.

So, let me take this moment to find some good. To see some good. What are the good thoughts? My daughter Jenny turned 21 last week. We got our stuff off to the tax man. My son came home for the weekend. I have the greatest job in the world.

There is always some good. And when I think of it, I feel better. how about this for a good thought....I met someone at church today who has tried ten churches and every single one made her feel bad until she came to worship with you at Woods Chapel. That is a happy thought. If we look hard enough, we can always find a happy thought. There is always something good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Once again, I hear ya. I had my feelings hurt (just a tad) yesterday at church. And for the first time ever, my heart wasn't in the singing. That really bothered me because I love to sing. I kept trying to think of something good, but the bad stuff just wouldn't let me.

I had a talk with myself when I got home, I do that a lot these days, and realized I had over-reacted to the insult anyway. So it's all good. Happy thoughts! : )

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeff. There are going to be many folks who read your blog today, who needed to hear specifically what you shared. Not the first time this happened. Not the last. Your blogs bless hearts.

Anonymous said...

I just clicked on your sermon archives to see if possibly the notes from yesterday's sermon might be there.

I was interested in the points that the author of the book made. I wished I had had my pencil in hand to jot them down because now I don't remember. They were definitely worth remembering. So I look forward to seeing your sermon notes so that I can play them out in my mind and use them.

Great, thought-provoking sermon, Jeff!! Servitude goes beyond easy and comfortable, doesn't it? I need to work on that more.
M.A.