Wednesday, February 10, 2010

two choices

Choice one:
Something is acting upon me. It is gripping me, dragging me down. Forces beyond my control are destroying my ability to cope. I am a victim. I am powerless. I am a loser. I am an object in this world that floats along and rises and falls based on the whims of powerful forces that I cannot control. I am destined to a life of self-pity and less. I am consumed by a sense that I don't know where God is and why he isn't helping me.

Choice two:
In the face of difficult times, I allow myself only a day or two to stew, then I am back in the game. I will not be defeated by this or anything. The forces that I face may be many, and they may come at me in ways that I am not expecting, but I will face them and wrestle them, like the patriarch Jacob, I will wrestle and not let go. In fact, I have come to believe that there is a blessing in the struggle, a gift, an opportunity to learn, a resilience that comes to me that I would other wise not have discovered. I march on, and I help everyone else that I can along the way. We will continue, we will overcome. I don't always hear the voice of God, but I know he is with me and it is his character that beckons me to pursue the prize.

Two choices for you today. In whatever challenge you face. Door number one, or door number two. Which will you choose? Your choice will make every difference in the outcome of this battle and the enjoyment of this day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your comments are exactly what I needed today. Thank you for letting God speak through you.