Wednesday, July 7, 2010

connection

I received a text message yesterday from a good friend…… “miss you my friend” The timing was eerie. He had been on my mind quite a bit lately. We are going to get together soon and catch up. It will be good, I miss him.

Last Thursday I received a similar text from another friend. “I was just thinking about you for some reason. Is everything ok?” Well it wasn’t but my troubles seemed to disappear when I read his words.

Interesting how some people connect with us from a distance. What makes that happen? Now I will say that both of these connections were with people I consider to be close friends. People I am not afraid to share my life with. I don’t fear judgment from them. I believe they see me through Christ’s eyes and that is how I always try to see them.

Those who know me, know how strongly I feel about developing friendships that go below the surface. A place where you can let your guard down. There is a bond that we can have with others which brings us closer to Christ. Once that happens I can’t help but feel that God is the one who keeps those connections going even from a distance.

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

No comments: