Monday, July 5, 2010

Showing Up.

The most beautiful moments of my life have occurred when I simply showed up. Most of the time, I can't predict what is going to happen in a situation. Try as I might, I can't explain every possible outcome. Sometimes I don't have the right answer for the struggling friend. Sometimes I don't really know what it means to worship God right now. Sometimes it's not clear how I should pray.

But I can still go share that cup of coffee and see what happens. I can still limp into the sanctuary and sit down. I can still fall to my knees and wait for the words to come. When I don't know what to do, I hope I still show up.

I think we all go through periods where showing up is the best we can do. If you're in that place right now, it is okay. Looking back, I can see that God shows up, too.

No comments: