Thursday, July 15, 2010

what are you reading?

On vacation last week I was reading a book about leadership. One of the things that the book said is that we all have to keep learning. Keep reading. Keep learning. Otherwise we get stagnant, complacent and even arrogant, thinking that we have all the knowledge that we need.

I am not asking if you are reading devotionally. I hope that you are. This is a question about what you are reading that is challenging your paradigms. What programs are you interested in at the church? Who are the current great thinkers on these programs? What books have they written? Is one of them in your possession?

When we are all reading and learning from great people, our collective brains and hearts are stronger and we are all more focused on our mission.

Let me know what you are reading. And if you are not reading and would like some ideas, let me know what areas of the church you are interested in.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read "THE DEATH AND LIFE OF CHARLIE ST. CLOUD" It's about 2 brothers who are in an accident together, and one dies, but the brothers can still see and talk to one another. I can't tell too much without giving it away, but I loved it.

Anonymous said...

Philip Yancy 'Where is God when it hurts' and listening to William Fay on 'Share Jesus without Fear'. I guess I need to get a Derringer. :) bf

dh!ll99 said...

Searching For God Knows What, By Donald Miller