Monday, July 19, 2010

Hillcrest

After mentioning in service that I wanted to use God's talents and abilities more often to help others, I got a call from a friend. He is the project manager for the new Hillcrest facility in Sugar Creek.

I went down there on Friday and took a tour and received some assignments. There is painting of walls, painting of trim, there is an old floor that needs to be pulled up with crow bars. There is some trim to remove and replace and there is some other trim that needs to be installed.

Hillcrest is a program that houses homeless people and trains them to reenter the world. Hillcrest provides financial counseling and helps the people get back on their feet. I am not explaining what they do very well, but it is a very good program.

If you would like to help me paint walls, paint trim, pull up an old floor, or remove and install some trim, please comment with your name and phone number or send me an email.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, God bless you for doing this. You'll not only be helping others, but the physical work will probably help relieve some of the stress of the pastorate. On a lighter note, a big chunk of I-470/435 has caved in out on the south side. I bet they'd love to have your help.

Doug Franklin said...

When are you doing it? That sounds like some fun times for us to get together for a few days. lets get it scheduled. Email me at pastordougf@yahoo.com