Friday, July 16, 2010

Oil Leak

Well maybe we have this crazy oil leak stopped. I hope so. I say we, because it is all of our leak. If you drive a car, then you use some of the oil that they get out of the ground. I like cars so I am ok with drilling for oil, but I sure wish this had not happened.

I wonder what God would say. "Hey, people, thanks for poking a hole in my earth and soiling the beaches and killing the sea. Good work."

But we have technology and it brings us many good things. It also makes us go faster and farther and live more dangerously. Technology gives us lots of joy but we can also allow it to rob us of the simple things of life. We watch TV instead of sitting on the porch and talking to neighbors. We rush all over town in our cars instead of staying home and reading good books.

Well, those are choices that we make. I hope the oil leak is stopped for good. I am pretty sure that God is hoping that it is stopped too. If nothing else, I think there is a little party in heaven today because the hole appears to be plugged.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, and less oily. Be sure to see the good.

No comments: