Saturday, July 31, 2010

the invisible bird part 2

Although she assured us that she was not, the rest of the family had a lot of fun thinking my wife was crazy for a day. Read yesterday's post now if you have not done so and come back here after you have. Josh chimed in, asking the timeless question, "did she hear the invisible bird sing?"

So we have resolved the mystery. We have a wonderful gal who does a bit of cleaning at our house on Friday. This is needed since my wife travels and no one else who lives here knows how to pick anything up. Anyway, I hear her call my me: "Pastorrrrr...........please come here, there is a creature!!"

I go in and check it out and sure enough, there it is. It has crawled underneath the cross leg of a table and wedged itself into a spot that is about two inches tall. I hate to admit what happened next, but please understand that I cannot have this thing loose in our home. My wife would kill me if it takes flight again.
I get a broom. She pulls the table out of the way. I pin it down. It goes to heaven. That is the short version. We take a couple of pictures. Are you ready for this?



I assume that it took refuge one night in a fireplace vent and then crawled in through the fireplace grate. Nice.

We are going to give my wife another chance.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh me, oh my....that's a bit scary!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my . . . I TOLD you bats can find good hiding places.

Did you know:

1. At dusk in the summertime, you can go out, probably in your own yard, and throw up your car keys, and a bat will swoop down and try to grab them?? Try it sometime!

2. Mascara is made of bat p _ _ p!

That's all the bag trivia I have for today. Nice subject tho! kb

Anonymous said...

Uh, I think it should be that "your wife will give you all another chance".

Anonymous said...

Well that really sucks!

Anonymous said...

DON'T EVER DOUBT YOUR WIFE AGAIN!!