Friday, July 30, 2010

the invisible bird

I am across town picking up a mattress. Kids going off to college. We found a good bed sale. I am talking to the sales person. The phone rings. It's the wife. She is frantic. She has been buzzed by a bird four times in the house. Or maybe it was a bat.

I grin. She is hiding in her bedroom and won't comeout until I get home. I take my time.

When I get home, I check every inch of the house. No bird, no bat, no wasps. She must be hallucinating. Scott comes home. He checks the house. Nothing. The cats are lounging. If there was a bird in the house, they would be all over that. If a fly gets in the house they chase it until they catch it and eat it. If there was anything in the house, they would be on point.

So we are going to keep an eye on my wife, why don't you watch out for the imaginary bird.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Did you check the bellfry? ; )

Anonymous said...

NOT funny! Bats can find some good hiding spots too . . . I am on HER side!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for my laugh of the day... !

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I can't believe you called your lovely wife, "the wife"! Lewis is always saying that to people and I hate being called "the wife". I read this to him and he loves you even more....two wrongs don't make a right! And another thing....maybe since you "took your time" getting home the birds had caught the bird and eaten it and that's why they were lounging...don't we all need a nap after a big meal? :)
Donna Jones

Josh said...

But the real question is: did she hear the bird sing?