Monday, July 26, 2010

love hurts

Love hurts. It just does. There is an inseparable connection between love and pain. We usually only think of love as a joyful thing, but sometimes, love hurts.

Someone you love dies. Something that you love goes away. Someone that you love leaves the church. Someone that you love is in trouble.

And you hurt.

That is just the way it is. If you didn't love them, it wouldn't hurt. So I just remind myself that this kind of hurt is ok. The only way to get rid of it is to stop loving and no one wants to do that.

Love hurts. And it is still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"You Always Hurt The One You Love", "Love is a Battlefield", "Love is Strange", "Love Potion #9"--okay, that last one doesn't work, but I love that old song.

Anyway, there's been a lot of songs and poems and such written about the pain associated with love. But my favorite quote, and I have it on my wall here at home is, "Love As Long As You Live".

Loving is awesome--the pain is worth it.