Saturday, July 24, 2010

helping

Yesterday. Yesterday I am bummed out. Random reasons. Dumb little things that I am worried about and feeling crummy about.

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda, here I am at, Camp Granada, camp is very entertaining, and they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining.

I received an invite to help someone out. It was totally voluntary and not something that I should do because I am a pastor. If I chose to do it, it would be because it was a good thing to do.

I thought of ten reasons why I was too busy. Then I looked at how I was feeling about the day. Feeling crummy and being worried. I realized that going to help the person was not just what they needed, it was exactly what I needed.

Immediately, upon making the decision to go, I felt better. And spending that time helping that person, was one of the most rewarding things that I have done in a while. I forgot my problems and the blues melted away.

Wait a minute, it's stopped hailing, guys are swimming, guys are sailing, playing baseball gee that's better, Mother Father kindly disregard this letter.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: