Tuesday, February 8, 2011

dancing

This may be the strangest post ever............

Dancing. to dance. I have the dancing gene, I know I do. You can argue the point, and my family will argue the point, but I have the dancing gene. They say I dance like Elaine from Seinfeld or Bill Cosby, I say, fine, at least I dance.

To dance is to embrace the moment. Happy times, sad times, good song, bad song, happy song, sad song. Alone or together, we dance. We hear the music, we feel the times, and we dance. David danced before the Lord.

Life comes at us every day. We can fight it, or we can dance. Your choice. And my choice.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

;) I love this blog. I too have the gene. And once again you have touched on a subject that I just dealt with--in church this past Sunday morning.

I was clapping my hands and dancing (sort of) in the back of the sanctuary to the awesome music of the praise band. A guy came up to me and said, "we don't dance in church". I knew him well, so my response was, "I do. That's why I chose this church--the last one I went to wouldn't let me". I was kidding of course, but he just looked at me funny and walked off.

I've often tried to picture David dancing before the Lord. God enjoys seeing us sing and dance--he put that gene in us. I say, let's dance! ; )

Anonymous said...

What a healthy thing and such a good thing for the mind, body, and soul. Would that everyone took time to dance. Lee Ann Womack would be proud of you and feel like her song had accomplished its mission. I especially love the parts that say "I hope you never lose your sense of wonder....I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean...promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance...I hope you'll dance.

Anonymous said...

A church choir I sang in many years ago used to love singing a song called "Dance Up and Down on the Steps of the Church". How about that! Betty