Thursday, February 10, 2011

the Hole in our Gospel

Several from our church have been reading the book, "The Hole in our Gospel" by Richard Stearns. The book is available in the bookstore at church.

It received it's best comment the other day when a member told me "I want to throw this book in the trash. I wish I never read it."

Here is what they really mean by those words..... "the book the Hole in our Gospel has so touched me that I am reevaluating my life. It is connecting me to Jesus and his mission in ways that I have never been connected before. "

If you want to get a little closer to the heart of God, I recommend this book. I have a couple loaners in my office too, if you would like to read it, but not buy it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Lori Givan said...

Jeff, I took your suggestions and got this book from the library and started reading it. Figured I'd just read the first chapter or two to get the gist of it. Didn't want to keep reading, but couldn't help it. Just finished it today, and I wanted to thank you for the suggestion. Sometimes I have avoided doing something, because it never seemed like enough. But I like Mother Teresa's quote in the book, "We can do no great things, only small things with great love." And I think about the starfish story...it made a different to THAT one. So...time for me to get going. Thanks again for inspiring us through your blog.