Sunday, February 27, 2011

she is not suffering

Ahh. What good news.

I was explaining to one of my daughters how my sisters and I all grew up feeling like we were never good enough. To this day, we all three have voices in the back of our heads that tell us that we stink as a person and we just don't measure up.

I was telling her that I have been reading a book that was helping me with this problem. I offered the book to her. She took the book, but commented that she does not have such voices in her head!

Awesome! A child that was raised and knows that they are loved! A child that knows their value! A 20 something year old child that will not be tortured for life, thinking that they can't do anything right!

We did something right! That is my joy for today. At least one child whose heart and mind is filled with love and hope instead of fear and worry.

Now, if you are in need of this book, just let me know. it has helped countless others.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

please give the title and author...

Anonymous said...

Jeff, you and Cathy did not just one thing right, but three. No, make that five (including you and Cathy with your three children.)

You have one of the most visibly loving and caring families I've met. Quite a tribute to your relationship with God and with each other. Just the true love your family has for each member is a huge witness to the world.

God bless each of you.