Sunday, February 6, 2011

roller derby

I saw it on TV when I was a kid. We were enthralled with it. James Caan was in some movie about it years ago.

Last night, following a 40 year hiatus, I witnessed roller derby again. Municipal auditorium, Kansas City, MO. Three hours of fun, excitement and roller derby gals.

Did you know that a member of our church plays on one of the teams? Did you know that last year, she was the league rookie of the year? If you see Lisa Alvarez, congratulate her, but be sure to keep a safe distance from her right elbow.

it's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darn . . . I would have loved to have gone to that! My best friend and I wanted to be Roller Derby Girls, too, when we were little! I think we thought we were tougher than we really were! kb