Monday, February 14, 2011

good news

I do have good news. And I am sure that you do as well, if you just look hard enough. My son starts a new job today. I think I am finally done painting the basement. The snow is melting. All the cars got washed, and they look like cars again. Everyone at my house is relatively happy.

Good news. The gospel is good news. It should never feel like bad news or guilt or hate speech. The only people that Jesus spoke like that to, were the very people that were judging everyone else. When your brain and heart thinks of God, you should have a peaceful, welcoming, embracing thought, because God loves you. The gospel is always good news.

That beats clean cars, new jobs and snow melting.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you. Most people gravitate to folks who share good news, rather than those who are negative. You are so generous and tireless in sharing good news with your WCC family, that we're always happy for you when good news comes to you. The tag line on your blog is always so encouraging.."be sure to see the good."

Helen Cole said...

I've been attending WCC for almost a year now and in that time I've become more aware than ever before of God's grace and the joy of passing that on to others. Your sermons and daily blog are a boundless blessing. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

God is good.