Monday, August 29, 2011

back or feet

My Dad used to say, "never hurt your back or your feet."  You can hurt your arm and function.  You can hurt your knee and function.  But when you hurt your feet, you are immobile.  When you hurt your back, you are..... well, you are like me right now.  I feel like the Pillsbury dough boy.  I am just kind of rolling around waiting to feel better.

The older I get and the bigger I get, the easier it is to hurt my back.  And so I do my exercises and take celebrex.  I also keep trying to do the things that I did ten years ago.  Maybe if I stopped trying I would stop hurting my back.  But I am not ready to give up on life yet.

If I am grumpy, please understand.  And do not tell me that I look like the Pillsbury dough boy. I will feel better soon.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Ah ha! You mentioned, among other things, that on Friday you were working with rock in your yard. Probably not the best choice of things to do when you are already down in the back. But with that said, we all want to continue doing the things that make us happy...and rocks do make you happy, I know.

Hopefully, you have no more rock to place in your yard. Hope so.

Take care of your back and, please, feel better soon.

Oh yes, and I promise, I won't call you the Pillsbury Doughboy!
M.A.