Saturday, August 27, 2011

on my day off

Friday is supposed to be my day off.  Sometimes that works well and sometimes it doesn't.  Just recently a famous preacher told everyone what he did on his day off, so I think I will give it a try as well.

7am - up and at it.  shower.
730 coffee and blog
800-10am church meeting
10am-12 purchase rock for flowerbed in back yard
noon - lunch
1230 - 330 working on flower bed
330-430 visit with wife who arrives home from her trip
430-6 shower.  work on sermon
6-9 dinner and hanging out with wife
9-1030 hanging out with kids
1030 - night time.

[I typed that up early in the day.  It is what i was hoping would happen.  Here is what actually happened.]

7am up and shower.
730 - coffee and blog
8-1030 church meeting
1030-12 noon pick up rock for flowerbed in back yard and install
12-1 lunch with church member who called to visit.
1pm picked up some supplies and worked in the yard.
4pm - took a nap.  yeah!
my wife's plane is delayed.  she wont be home until midnight. yikes!
430-6pm work on sermon.
eat dinner
the kids i thought I might hang out with have ditched me.
listen to music.
go to bed.

Not nearly as exciting of a day as my famous counterpart, but each life is beautiful in it's own way.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh...."the best laid plans of mice and men" I guess that's how the term "day off" originated. It must mean "this day sure was off, compared to what I had hoped." Kudos, for greeting your day with a plan. It's better than waking up without anything to look forward to.