Friday, August 19, 2011

fear

Fear is a powerful emotion.  About the time that you think it is gone, it sneaks up on you again.  I have been afraid of just about everything at one time or another.  Fear of failure, fear of illness, fear of the future, fear of my past, fear-worry for my children, about bills, about friendships, about what someone thinks.  On and on it goes, it just never stops.

On the topic of fear, I have found some comfort in 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Fear is not in God arsenal.  It is a human entity.  God wants to remove our worry, our buying of trouble.  He wants us to stop imagining what might be.  In fact, we rob our selves of the joy of this day when we only worry about tomorrow.  God wants to replace our fear with trust and with love.

May he be big enough in each of our lives so that can rest in him.  Let us trust in Jesus who said, come unto me all you who are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good. 


No comments: