Saturday, September 8, 2012

for each other

Do we go to worship for ourselves, or for others?  Do we stop going when we begin to feel like we are not getting anything out of it?

Sunday the pastor reminded us that sometimes we sing, not for ourselves, but for others.  For those who have shown up that are broken and crushed.  For those who cannot muster a smile much less a song.  We sing for them.  He encourage them by our singing. 

Sometimes worship is about what we give to others, and about what we give to our Father.  The moment we get this, everything changes.  I recently received this comment from a dear friend.  "Before my Christianity dropped 12inches (from my head to my heart), I did not need to be in church. I thought it was all about me, my needs. Now I understand that others in the Church need me to be there, that we all need the Community worship."

May we all come to a greater understanding of how our lives interface with others.  May we all learn to see that we can be a blessing to others.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: