Monday, September 3, 2012

investment

I posted last week and referred to the concept of investment.  Investing in others.  The post gathered some comments, so I wanted to clarify further.

When I speak of us investing in others, we do not do this to get something in return.  When we invest in the stock market, we hope to receive a return, but people are not our "projects."  The best human investments are completely self-less.  Just simply doing good to another with no thought that they must reciprocate or do something back to us.

Now of course, this can be taken too far out of context as well.  When I invest in my children, I really hope that they take in what I am saying and follow it.  When I invest in a sermon, I hope it reaches the hearers and they make positive responses.  When God invests in us, he hopes that we will respond with love.

But in our daily life, to invest in another without expecting anything in return is a true gift.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's what living the high adventures of the spiritual life is all about! You take in what God gives you and then immediately give it away in an act of self-less love.