Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy Day

For seven years my wife Cathy has travelled with her job.  She got on a plane every Monday and flew to some town.  Sacramento.  LA.  San Antonio.  Chapel Hill.  Tampa.  Miami.  Billings.  Denver.  New York.  DC.  And then there were the really cool places that she went to like Wheeling West Virginia and Hazard, Kentucky.

I would go about my business during the week and look forward to her coming home on Thursday or Friday.  As you can imagine, it took years to get used to her being gone so much.  It was also impossible to get together with anyone.  Someone would invite us over for dinner and it was impossible.  When she was finally home, the last thing that she wanted to do was to go somewhere.

Well, all of this is coming to an end.  It has come to and end.  Cathy is on vacation this week, and starts a new job in town later this month.  Her travelling days are over.

This is a happy day and I invite you to rejoice with me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you. Happy for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Can't imagine what a happy time this is for you. Makes me happy too!! Now your empty nest is not so empty!! PTL Betty

Anonymous said...

Jeff, we're all happy for you and Cathy. I can tell that you have one heartfelt "thank you" to God, and only nine left on your list of ten thank you's per day, that you challenged all of us to, on Sunday.

Here's the beauty of what happened when I started doing my ten. Once you get going, it's impossible to stop at ten.

Happy for your numer uno big one for today's list.

Anonymous said...

That is very good news!

My husband worked out of town like Cathy for four months. I can't imagine doing that for 7 years.

Enjoy your time together!