Monday, September 10, 2012

Logan's

Breakfast, lunch, dinner.  It is more than a part of my day, it is often a part of my job as a Pastor.  When people want to talk, I often end up with a Breakfast or a lunch on the schedule.  I am glad to do this.

Since I have been on my diet, I have been looking for places to eat that have healthy food.  Subway is wonderful.  Also Applebees and Logan's Road House have several tasty, yet healthy meals.

So, having said all of that, I would like to apologize to a member of our church.  I was at lunch at Logan's a couple of weeks ago with a woman from church and her mother.  We were engaged in some discussion, and another woman that attends our church came to the table.  She just wanted to say hello, she told me that I probably did not know her name, but she comes to Woods Chapel.

Since we were talking at the table, the whole moment took me a bit by surprise.  Looking back, I am sorry if I looked startled, I am sorry that I did not know your name, and I am sorry that I did not handle the whole thing better.  Please forgive me.

It is important for all of us to remember that every person is important. For example, that is not just a neighbor walking back from the mail box.  That is a precious child of God that matters very much to Him.  To the extent that we remember this, we are seeing people as our Father sees them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: