Friday, September 28, 2012

if a tree falls

If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it, does it make any noise?

Here is another way to look at that.  While you and I are totally self absorbed by our life, what is God doing in nature?  While I am driving a car, sitting in front of a computer, buying groceries or sleeping, what is God doing?

While I am engaged in all of those busy human behaviors, God is up to some pretty cool things.  Trees are blowing in the wind.  Grass is growing.  Flowers are budding out.  Stars are exploding.  Planets are spinning around.  The sun is baking.  Birds are flying.  Cats are taking a cat nap.  Trees are falling in the woods and making noise.

While I am blithely going about my human chores, God is doing His work.  I may not be thinking of Him and His actions, but He is still up to His work.  He never takes a day off.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to look up from your tasks and see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, do I love this post! Thanks Jeff.