Wednesday, September 12, 2012

wounds

The wounds we carry.  Someone hurt you.  Someone rejected you.  The betrayal of a friend.  We all have these hurts.  And, lets be clear- they hurt.  They really hurt.

It takes time to heal such wounds.  However, just because it takes time to heal such wounds, does not give us an excuse to ignore them or not work on them.  It does not give us an excuse to lash out at others because we are hurt.  It is never fair to hurt back.  We must also be careful about delivering collateral pain to others.  They are not guilty by association.

I hope that you will join me in the pursuit of forgiveness every single day of the year.  Those folks did hurt you, they did hurt me, but they are still loved by God.

Oh, yes.  There is God.  When I think of Him, I realize that I have to let Him be bigger than any hurts that come my way.  Jesus set the example.  "Father forgive them." 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Thanks again for your thoughts on forgiveness. "Father forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing." Luke 23:34 How awesome! This is the scripture I have been praying...because I know they don't understand or get it.
Somehow as I have prayed that scripture...God gives me peace to forgive and reminds me not to doubt HIM...even when others doubt me. God is good! He forgives and so should we.