Friday, January 31, 2014

a bit of joy

I am never sick.  Hardly ever.  When I do get sick, I am never sick on Sunday.  I can't remember a time when I had to call in sick on a Sunday.

Well, this week, I was sick.  For one day.  It was either the 24 hour ick or I ate something bad.  Has anyone else had trouble with the Red White and Blue salad at Red Robin?  It may have just been the 24 hour ick.  But I am telling you, I felt bad.  Green at the gills.  Yucky.

So where is the bit of joy?  The bit of joy comes from feeling better.  After you have been sick, it feels so good to feel good.  We take life and health for granted.  Being sick every now and then reminds us of how good it feels to feel normal, to feel healthy.  Today, I am good to go.  Thank God.  Hey, maybe we should thank God every day for feeling well, for feeling healthy.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: