Tuesday, January 7, 2014

hate

I was watching a post-apocalyptic show last week.  It is one of my favorite genres of movies.  [post nuclear war, famine, societal breakdown, scare resources, people struggling to survive and fine meaning] There was a scene where folks had a tense run in with some bad guys.  After the encounter was over, they talked about how much they hated them.

Then one of the brighter characters said, "I don't have the strength to hate anymore."  I loved it.  I don't have the strength to hate anymore!  Why waste the time?  Why waste the energy?  When we hate, we are the losers.  Usually the other person does not even know they are loathed.  Or they know and don't care.  We are the ones that get eaten up by hatred.

Life is too short.  Life is too good.  Don't waste your strength on hatred.  Love is so much better.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: