Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dad's tools

Mom died first.  Dad got rid of a lot of her stuff.  Then after he died, there was still a lot of stuff.  We split it up three ways.  It was still too much.  I wanted to keep it all, but after a few years, it started to go.  I realized that it was just stuff. 

I did save a few of Dad's things.  One of them was a Craftsman brand set of taps and dies.  That is a specialty tool that you use to clean out threads on a nut or bolt.  That set has sat in my tool box for 10 years.  Finally the other day, I needed it, I got it out, and I used it.  It worked like a charm.

I thought of my Dad and it made me smile.  Somehow, even though they are gone, I sense that they are still with us.  I think he was happy that I used his tool set.  It certainly made me happy to do so.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: