Monday, January 27, 2014

big hearted

Generous.  Big hearted.  That is one of the great characteristics of the people of Woods Chapel.  I continue to be amazed at the way that you all so willingly give of yourselves to help others.

Yesterday during services, we asked for help to build a village of concrete homes for our friends in Los Pinos, Nicaragua.  The homes cost $4,500 each and there are 25 of them in the village.  That is a lot of money, but it makes a tremendous difference in the lives of the Nicaraguan families that currently live in mud huts.

I have not heard the final numbers, but I am expecting that we received checks or commitments for 20 of the 25 homes yesterday.  I have faith that the rest will come in short order.

You are a great people with a great heart and it is my pleasure to be your pastor and to be on this journey with you in life.  There is a joy that comes from generous living.  Thank you and God bless you!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Dave Templeman said...

I was not surprised at the line at the Missions table after the 10:10 service. I was happy to wait and felt very blessed to be part of such a generous church family. I love you all!