Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A new friend

I met a new friend yesterday.  Well, we have known each other for a few years, but we had never talked before.

Yesterday we sat down and talked.  Sometimes, it takes time for people to trust each other.  And I am a firm believer in the idea that you have to earn the right to be close to someone.  You have to be invited in.  Christians can't just run around out there and barf their stuff on others.  If you want to be close to people and hope to touch them for God, you have to be patient and kind and the door will open at the right time.

Anyway, my new friend confided in me that they had had moments of, thoughts of hurting themselves.  Some years ago, I had such thoughts too.  Thankfully, they have been getting help and are in a much better place.

I reminded them of what I remind myself of every day:  Life is good.  There is so much good.  We just have to see it.  We just have to lift up our eyes and see that life is amazing.  It is such a gift to be alive.  

If you are depressed or despondent, please remember that God loves you!  The sun came up today.  Did you see it?  It was beautiful!  In spite of what you may be going through, life is still good.  It's ok, you are not alone.  You are deeply loved by God.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" Christians can't just run around out there and barf their stuff on others"

That's AWESOME!!