Thursday, October 22, 2015

the pangs of love

Today I am grateful for the pangs of love.  That is, the hurt that we feel when we are away from those whom we love.

Parents feel it when their children go off to college.  Children feel it when their parents die.  I feel it as my wife is on the other side of the country most of the time.

Do you see the girl in this picture?  I love her.  Still.  Madly.  After all of these years!  I pine to be with her.  I can sit in her presence and nothing needs to be said.  Just being together makes me whole.

I see this love as a gift!  A joy!  I see it as a type of our love for God.  It helps me understand how we will be made complete when we enter his presence in heaven.

I wish that all married couples could feel this love.  I wish that all single people could find it.  Whether in a spouse, a friend, a cousin or even a lowly pastor, I hope that each of you are experiencing the gift of love somewhere on this journey of life.

Love is such a delightful gift.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: