Friday, October 9, 2015

too much


How many shirts do I have in my closet? How many pairs of socks do I have? How many pairs of shorts? Pants? Oh my gosh I actually own furniture with drawers that go in and out to hold extra shirts and shorts. Sometimes I think about getting rid of the old furniture and replacing it.

Most people of the world would love to have our old furniture- and our used socks and clothes.

[by the way, the picture here is not my closet......]

I'm thinking about other people in the world that have one shirt one pair of shorts one pair of socks or no socks and flip-flops or barefoot. And I ask myself this question. What am I doing with my money why do I spend it this way? What am I doing with my family's money? Is it ours - is it mine? Or is it Gods- and if it's God's shouldn't I spend some of the immense amount of what we have to give to others?  Why do I think that having more will make me happy?

What if I only had three pairs of shorts, four pairs of shoes, and six pairs of socks. What if I gave the rest away and I looked at all the things that I have as on loan from God.

Maybe we would use our money, I mean God's money, differently.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, and we can take steps to make it a better day for others. Anytime we do that, we are sure to see the good.

No comments: