Thursday, October 29, 2015

redirect

Hey Jesus, Hey Paul, I would like to get a redirect.  I would like to be able to ask a question.  I heard what you said, and I don't mean to be difficult but can I ask a question for clarification?  I am hopeful that you can redirect me on something that you said.

Jesus should I turn the other cheek every time?  Should I allow my family to be harmed by intruders? 
Surely you did not mean that, did you?  Should a wife stay with an abusive husband?

Paul, should all women not speak in church?  Are you still ok with slavery?  Paul do you eat shrimp?

Friends, there are many many scriptures that don't fall very easily into our models of living.  I wish that we could ask for a clarification on them.  But we can't.  We are left with the responsibility of using our hearts and minds to make our best decisions about them.  The Bible is not magic - it points us in the right direction, but it does not answer every question.  In fact the Bible is not here to point us to itself.... the Bible is here to point us toward God.

I think we will have many questions when we get to heaven.  I am ok with that.  I don't have all of the answers.  God is bigger than I am and he is bigger than my ideas about him. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: