Friday, October 30, 2015

angry

Do you ever get angry?  Or am I the only one?

One of the things that I really hate is when something happens and I find myself angry on Sunday morning.  Here I am, supposed to go in and be happy and cheery and spiritual, and I feel angry.  It happens sometimes.

What to do?  When this happens I have some tools that I have collected over the years.

1.  I compartmentalize it.  I put it off, whatever it is, until later in the day.  I let it disappear in my brain until later so I can focus on what is going on for Sunday morning.
2.  I put it in perspective.  Usually what has upset me is a small thing, a car thing, an inconvenience of some kind.  I simply remind myself that this is not a big deal in the grand scheme of life.
3.  I pray.  I lean into our Father.  I relax and take some time to just sit with him in his presence.

Anger usually does not serve a constructive purpose.  We are human, so it is going to pop up from time to time, but anything that you can do to find the heart of God when you feel angry is always helpful.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I start my day with your comments-thank you-thank you!