Sunday, October 11, 2015

I was glad

I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord."  Psalm 122

Today is Sunday.  It is the Lord's day.  I look forward to being in God's house.  There are many reasons why.

1.  Being in church gives me a little respite from the busy busy world.
2.  Being in church allows me to be a part of something that is bigger than I am.
3.  Church keeps me grounded.
4.  Some of my, all of my best friends go to our church.
5.  I feel closer to God when I am at church.
6.  I enjoy the way that my heart and mind is stretched by the ideas of others.
7.  I find strength to face the week ahead.

I hope you have many reasons to attend church as well.  And, I hope to see you in God's house today.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Jeff, just want you to know I began Worship Service yesterday by reading this to the two churches I serve. It felt so good inside to say the words, and then to see the smiles on the many faces of those who were there to heart it! I told the congregation after reading it, it makes me sad inside to think about the people who aren't going to church, and what they are missing. Indeed, church makes me glad...