Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I might be wrong

Tony Campolo is a famous Baptist pastor.  Some of you agree with him and some of you don't.  I don't agree with everything that he thinks, but hey, I might be wrong.

Someone told me about something that he likes to say.  Now since I am passing along what someone said that Tony said, this is hearsay, but I like the thought none the less.

The story goes like this- Tony will not talk with anyone about difficult issues unless the person admits that they might be wrong.  Tony knows that he might be wrong, the idea is why should I waste my time talking with someone else who insists that they are right?  They are not even open to considering what someone else is saying.  They can't entertain the possibility that they might be wrong.

You can't really have a dialogue with someone if the participants aren't open to learn from each other.

Are you able to admit that you might be wrong on an issue?  Is it possible that what you were taught about the Bible growing up was wrong?

I find this a very interesting thought.  But hey, I might be wrong.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.