Sunday, October 25, 2015

why I go to church

There is a funny story about going to church.......

It kind of goes like this.  It is 7am on Sunday and the Dad is trying to wake up his son for church.  The son says, Dad, I don't want to go to church.  It's too early in the morning, the members are mean to me, and the sermons are boring.

The dad replies, well let me tell you why you should go... it's early, but it is the Lord's day.  Those members are God's children, and for crying out loud son, you are the minister!!

I go to church for many reasons besides the fact that I am the minister.

1.  I love to take time to honor God.
2.  It is a great way to start the week.
3.  I usually learn something.
4.  I meet great people.
5.  I am a part of something that is doing very significant work.
6.  Together we can do much more than what I can do alone.
7.  I get to care about others.  And in a world of self-centeredness, that is very important.

I hope that you can find some reasons to be in church this Lord's day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the paycheck surely comes in handy. (smiles)

Gayle said...

Needed to hear this today!