Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter

This is the first Easter in a long time that I was not offering the Sunday Sermon.  I have to tell you that it kind of hurts to be on the sidelines.  But for one moment, let me make it not about me.

It is Easter!  Jesus is risen!
We have new life!!!

I used to love Jesus because I was ensured a spot in heaven.  Believing in him saved me from the fear of hell and death, as long as I was good.  So there was always some level of doubt, because I could never be good enough.

Today, in my old age, I am loving Jesus because of the amazing grace that he offers freely to every human.  I am accepted.  I am loved.   I don't even have to do anything.  He has done it all.  I am tearing up as  write this.

Life is beautiful.  The message of grace has been delivered.  We are free!

Happy Easter.  Receive the grace.

It is the beautiful day in God's world.  See the good.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Justice. - getting what I deserve. Mercy - Not getting what I deserve But GRACE - getting what I Don't deserve